In the activities section, users can record various tasks and contribute towards detailed reports of the activity. The user (farmer or contractor) can save details of the activity undertaken, at which point they will appear as an Activity Report in the reports page.
- Firstly, users must select the type of activity completed.
- Spraying: Applying crop protection products to a field’s crop.
- Fertilising: Applying nutrients to a field’s crop.
- Planting: You need to add the product planted, as well as the Operation (drilling, planting or seeding).
- Other Field Work: There is a drop-down list where the user can choose from a wide variety of activities undertaken on a farm.
- Harvesting: The actual yield must be entered, along with the price the farmer achieves. After this, an operation needs to be selected and the options are Baling, Combining, Cutting and Harvesting. The default option is Harvesting.
Whichever activity is being recorded, users need to select the field(s) it relates to. For Spraying and Fertilising, if it relates to a published plan, select it on this page as well. The generic entry requirements for the data fields are displayed below. An exception exists for Harvesting, where it is possible to confirm whether the harvest is complete. Changing this to Yes will update the crop’s end date.
- Once the completed fields have been selected, click the OK
- The selected fields will now be marked as In Progress.
- Fill in the required fields:
- Operation: Choose the one relevant to the activity undertaken.
- Start/End Date and Time: Enter the start and end date/time of the activity, which calculates the duration.
- App Growth Stage: The average state of growth of the crop at the time of activity.
- Primary/Secondary Machine: Select machine/sprayer from your premade list.
- Operation Cost per hectare: The user can enter the cost per hectare and this will filter through to the Cost Analysis Report. It is important to capture the Operation Cost per ha. Once this has been chosen, it will appear automatically in future activities of the same type; however, it can always be manually amended.
Once the activity details have been completed, click Save at the top right of the form to complete the activity. Completed activities will be visible in the reports area.