The taskbar on the right side of the fields’ page allows you to filter through the field tools and to arrange the fields displayed.
Add a New Field
Add a New Soil Test Result: Soil test template must be created first - see relevant section in this guide or watch our tutorial video on Vimeo/YouTube.
Sort by: Arrange the displayed fields by Field Name, Area and Reference (if entered when creating a field).
CREATING NEW FIELDS
- Upon selecting Add a New Field, a form will load.
- Fill in the boxes marked Field Name, Field Reference, Field Block and Soil Type.
- The Official Area will automatically calculate once you have mapped your field (see ‘Mapping a Field’).
- If the size used for planting is less than the total area of the field, enter the Working Area in the named box.
- If there are any notable ditches in the field, select the most appropriate tick box option.
MAPPING A FIELD
- To map a field, select Draw New Field Boundary in the map on the right hand side of the page.
- On the map screen, click and drag to the location of the field.
- To map the field, click on the outside boundary to add a waypoint and continue adding waypoints until the boundary is complete. Complete the boundary by clicking on the first waypoint you made.
- The field area will be filled in blue.
If you are happy with the automatically filled area, click Save. You can edit this any time, if amendments are required. However, if you make a mistake while mapping your field, you can select the Reset button.
ADDING A SOIL TEST
- To submit a soil test result, go to Fields and select Add a New Soil Test Result from the options in the right hand bar.
- Fill in the soil analysis with the relevant information.
- Once the form has been completed, select Save.
- The soil analysis will now be visible under the field’s history.
- At the bottom of a selected field’s page, its history will be visible, displaying all previous crops and soil analysis recorded.