Once a plan is created, it will be displayed in the plans page and will confirm its status, which can be:
- Draft: Has not been published and cannot be seen or altered, except by the creator.
- Published: Has been published and can been seen by all users added to the site.
- Applied: Has been published and carried out.
- Not Applied: Has been published and subsequently abandoned, as the recommendation is not accepted/actioned.
- In Progress: Is currently in action but not completed.
This page allows you to create plans for your crops.
Any Greenlight Farm Management user can view published plans, providing the site has been shared with them. This fast transfer of data allow plans to be created and sent to the farmer or contractor (usually within seconds), and a detailed report to be produced, aiding in speed and accuracy of spray operations and documentation.
CREATING A PLAN (SEED, SPRAY & FERTILISER)
- From Plans, select Add Plan.
- Select the relevant option you want to create (Spray is the default option but it is recommended to check before proceeding).
- Enter all relevant details; those with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- Choose the Field Target Area (whole field, headland only, non-headland or band application).
- Create a Plan Name, Plan Date (this will default to today’s) and enter a proposed application date (Prop App Date).
- Select the field(s) that will be used in the plan, click OK and these will populate your plan
- (Spray Plan only) Next to the field names there will be the text Set Growth Stage. Click on the green bar to select the crop's growth stage at the time of creating the plan.
- Click on the green bar to select the crop’s growth stage at the time of creating the plan.
- It is necessary to Add a Product*; enter the product(s) to be used, rate per hectare and, for spray plans, the reason for use. Multiple products can be added to a plan. You can view available prices for your products by pressing the green icon that appears after the price.
- (Spray Plan only) In the remaining data fields, enter the water volume to dilute the chemical with, machine to be used and operator (if applicable).
- The water volume, operator and machine can be used for future plans by selecting the preferences and selecting “set as default”; all subsequent plans will automatically use the user’s default option, although this can be amended, if required.
- The default choice of a plan will override an activity’s default choice.
- The plan can be saved as a draft (for later amendments) or published.
- (Spray Plan only) When creating a plan, you can also Save as New Template for use on future plans with the same crop type. This option is in the Actions column.
- Once a plan has been audited, you can choose to amend or publish.
NOTE: Only the creator of a draft can see, edit or publish it.
* For spray plans, you can select a template from the Actions Column.
AUDITING A SPRAY PLAN
There are several auditing alerts that, if applicable, will appear when auditing a plan:
- Products not approved for the crops in the plan.
- Products that are no longer in the Crop Protection Products.
- A product has been applied too many times on the field or crop.
- Maximum mix rate has been exceeded.
- Maximum amount of product has been applied to the crop.
- Time between planned harvest date and application of product is greater than recommended application to harvest time.
To undertake an audit, open the relevant Plan and select Audit Plan; the system will perform an audit and display whether any of the alerts are relevant to the proposed plan. After this, the user can choose to Amend Plan or Publish Plan.
APPLYING A SPRAY PLAN
- Within Plans, select the one you need to record activity against; it should be in published or in progress status.
- To provide an update, users must select Apply Plan. This action can also be undertaken in Activities.
NOTE: Where red text appears against your plans, the Operator has recorded an application, which differs from your recommendations, such as the use of an additional product or a different application rate. If the text is struck through, the crop protection product has not been applied.
- Select the field(s) you have conducted activity on and select Continue.
- The field(s) selected will be in black and their status will be In Progress.
- Within this page, you can change and add data in the various data fields to reflect the activity undertaken.
- (Spray Plan only) You can change the order the products are in too, by hovering over the three vertical dots, pressing the mouse and dragging up or down.
- The mandatory (*) details to be added are Operation, Start Date & Time and End Date & Time, although it is always recommended to enter all relevant information, such as Operator and App Growth Stage.
- Operation Cost per hectare can be added at this stage to feed into the Cost Analysis Report.
- Once you have updated all information, select Save.
Note: Any data field with a blue line at the bottom means the data is editable.
REMOVING A PLAN
Should you realise a published plan is not going to be applied and should be deleted, as there is no reason for it to remain on the system, you can Remove this plan. This option is in the actions column of the plan:
ABANDONING A PLAN
Should you realise a published plan is not going to be applied and should be marked as not applied, you can Abandon the plan. This means Greenlight Farm Management will still have a record of the spray plan for audit purposes but it will show as Not Applied.
- Select the relevant published plan from the Plans page.
- Select Apply Plan.
- Select the field(s) the plan is not going to be applied to, press Back and then click Abandon.
- A pop-up box will ask you to confirm, press Abandon.
Before a programme can be created, the nutrient(s) must be added to the site (see ‘Adding a Nutrient’). Only nutrients added by an Administrator or Manager can be used in a programme.
Programmes are intended to show what fertiliser plans are needed; from this, specific fertiliser plans would be created.
- Select Programmes from the tool bar.
- On this page, any existing programmes are displayed and you are able to Add Programme.
- Enter all mandatory information (*), ensuring the rate in kgs/ac, the application date and the crop growth stage are included when you Add a Product.
- Save Draft for later alteration or Publish Programme to be enable it to be implemented.